Monday, April 4, 2011

Penelope Cruz received a star on the Walk of Fame accompanied by Bardem

Spanish actress Penelope Cruz stopped Hollywood Boulevard to get a star on the famous Walk of Fame, an act that was accompanied by her husband, Javier Bardem and Johnny Depp, her co-star in the next installment in the saga " Pirates of the Caribbean. " Penelope, 36, the first Spanish artist to receive this distinction, came to pay homage to some 300 people who crowded along the railings placed just below the El Capitan Theatre, at the height of 6834 Hollywood Boulevard, where he has been immortalized by its star, the 2,436 number that is placed on the Walk of Fame.

Cruz wore a purple sheath dress that emphasized her French manga figure, just a couple of months after giving birth to her son, Leonardo, who confirmed name Rob Marshall, the director of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" , for U.S. release on 20 May. Oscar winner for 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' thanked the filmmakers and Ted Demme, Fernando Trueba, Pedro Almodovar, Woody Allen, Cameron Crowe Bigas Lunas or all learned with them over the years, before entering on a personal level.

"Thanks to my parents and my precious brothers for all the love and support they always give me. And, of course, my wonderful husband and my son for making me so happy every day," said the actress before adding in Spanish: " It is a very special day and happy for me. " The star of films such as 'Volver', 'Live Flesh', 'All About My Mother' or 'Open your eyes,' said he had more than fulfilled his dream of small, make a living as an actress.

"Thanks to the support and trust of many people I got that and more. In my career I have worked with some of the most talented people from Spain, from several countries in Europe and the U.S.," said the interpreter, who said the first time I set foot in Los Angeles in 1994 and barely spoke English.

Could say only two things: 'How are you? " and 'I want to work with Johnny Depp. " Now that I've done it twice, I can say I want to do it again, "he said. Johnny Depp, a sponsor of lujoCruz, before receiving the star of the hands of Leron Gubler, president of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, the entity that manages the Walk of Fame, was praised by Marshall and Depp, who had to make a pause in his speech to thank the constant compliments from their fans.

"Penelope is pure. Is one of those rare things in nature, and women do so. I feel privileged to have her in my life, "said Depp, wearing mustard-colored jacket, shirt, scarf tied around his neck and gray hat." So sweet These things are not my forte, so I've written something, "said the actor laughs.

"It is a pleasure to pay tribute to this little creature Spanish and is great to work with them shoulder to shoulder. Since we shot 'Blow' have an honest and sincere. You can say many good things about it, and absolutely nothing wrong, "added the 'pirate' Jack Sparrow. For his part, Marshall, who had directed Cruz in 'Nine', a film by the actress received a nomination Oscar, reflected on the importance of this award in Hollywood.

"See this Walk of Fame and here are some of the dramatic actresses and some of the great beauties of movie history. Penelope lives up to both, "said the filmmaker, who recalled how was the selection process for this musical which also involved the interpretation ladies like Sophia Loren and Judi Dench." His role, as Carla, it must be for someone sexy, beautiful, dramatic and can break your heart.

All this was almost impossible to find, but find Penelope. She can do anything. And it happened again with 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. We had to find the first woman pirate. Who could it be? There was only one option. There is no one like her, "he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment