Friday, April 1, 2011

Estela Montes: "When I return I will be a real 'Sea wolf', you'll see"

But this time the trip will be special. Because among the students who enjoy the prestigious scholarship Polar Star, which has the support of the Ministry of Science and Technology, is a very special: Estela Montes. As she says, "after the incident in San Francisco decided to put the batteries, doing something useful." We do not know what exactly to do anything worthwhile, but what is clear is that the batteries get another job because they have been eligible for the scholarship for Polar Star takes a few very high requirements both physical and academic.

Yesterday, he was with Estela Celebrities on the eve of joining the crew of the Polar Star and share with her the last hours of preparations and nerve themselves to an adventure like this: "I have a thing here in the stomach, which must be as felt by explorers from ancient times when they went to explore Africa.

" Estela is very excited about the adventure: "two months at sea, learning to navigate, understand the universe and sea as a way of life. And, meet new friends! "And is that 19 young men embark Estela more. Looks like a fun summer camp at sea, but a look at the website of the training ship Polar Star (www.

elbarcoonline. Com / barcoescuela) reveals a curriculum that does not envy anything from a Marine Engineering. "Whatever. I used to study and work hard. At Stanford, we demanded a lot, "Estela says with a smile. Then he adds: "what I'm not used is to make a bag with all the things I need in two months." And it must be true, because on top of your bed is open and almost empty suitcase.

"I know, I know, not much time left. But every time I think of more things that need. " His mother, former model Ecuadorian Esther Nunez, looks laughing while watching the frenetic activity of his daughter in the closet. "It's the best of it: my parents have come to say goodbye, like when I was little." Did you miss? "Of course.

But it is only two months. What is going to be hard not to see Ricky is all this time .... " Ricky is the Pyrenean mastiff Estela, a charming dog looks at us as we speak with a face that embarrassed; knows his owner is gone. "If I could, I would hide in the suitcase, but could not carry anything else.

But it's so big .... " Estela embraces the huge big dog that is left to do. Then, she gets up and says. "Let's go for a drink. The best way to remove the penalties is laughing. " What about the suitcase? "There's still time."

No comments:

Post a Comment